The project aimed to :
- improve quality and reliability of power
- remove transmission bottlenecks
- facilitate in-state and interregional power transfers
- facilitate a reduction in overall system losses
- improve energy efficiency, expand renewable energy capacity, and capitalize related carbon market opportunities
- improve utility operational and financial performance.
An experienced multidisciplinary team was deployed by us to carry out the services. The activities performed by us included:
- Assessment of environmental impacts associated with projects which included generation, transmission and distribution components;
- Poverty impact assessment for the project as per relevant guidelines on poverty and social analysis;
- Assessment of rehabilitation/resettlement impacts and impact on indigenous people including preparation of RPs, IPDP etc. as per government and ADB’s requirements;
- Financial analysis for the investment and Financial management review of the executing agencies as per ADB’s requirements; and
- Assessment of institutional strengthening needs and training to executing agencies in project implementation including environmental and social safeguard planning.