The assignment aimed at preparing a feasibility study for the proposed SEZ in order to seek approval for setting up the same from Central Government (Board of Approvals).
A team of experienced multidisciplinary team was deployed by us to carry out the advisory services. Our scope of work included:
- Opportunity assessment in terms of various investment streams (Foreign Direct Investment, Domestic Investment, Import dependent industries, Hinterland dependent industries, EOUs and Export of Services etc.); and competitive scenario to assess fair opportunity
- Planning for urban infrastructure in integrated township and its phasing
- Benchmarking with leading international SEZs on fiscal, legal, policy and regulatory comforts/concessions to create world class business environment at proposed SEZs
- Detailing of the infrastructure projects / services and their phasing with zoning requirements
- Gave advice on optimal organization and business structure for developing and operating SEZs
- Overall optimal financial structure of SEZ including Land Acquisition, fund raising options, analysis of possible debt-equity ratios for the project, options for sources of funds in form of debt and equity proposed to be raised for land acquisition, Preparing an actionable time plan detailing the various developmental phases and their supporting actions etc.
- Prepared overall financial viability, investment outlay of the initiatives with their financing and phasing in line with development plan/phasing
- Provide final recommendations after detailed assessment of social economic and financial benefits to the State out of proposed SEZs
- Assessment of the issues related to Environmental regulations/ clearances and approvals etc.